Thanks to everyone for participating in our first round of mobile gateway testing.
This time around we’d like you to have our new mobile gateway for your default experience.
Visually the gateway should look pretty much the same minus a beta logo. All the other changes are under the hood. If you can’t tell the difference between this and the old gateway then we’ve done our job.
For those coming back; here are some of the issues that you guys reported that we fixed
- Missing templates – We’re now using live content so this shouldn’t be an issue.
- Mismatched Japanese & English templates – see above
- Missing devices – We’ve added a lot more devices through WURFL. If yours is still having issues let us know.
- Don’t redirect tablets – Fixed!
- Remove the donate banners – Fixed!
- … and numerous others
You can learn more about our mobile projects and future work by visitingour Mobile Projects page. If you are a developer and would like to get involved, check out the page detailing our work. And if you just want to say hello or give us some super quick feedback then join us on irc through freenode #wikimedia-mobile
Thanks for making Wikipedia Mobile better for everyone.
Director of Mobile and Special Projects