Got your coffee on? Good!
Let’s quickly review last week’s excitement and what we’ve got planned for this coming week…
- Ops magnate Mark Bergsma has completed his thesis and is able to come up for air again. Welcome back Mark and congratulations!
- Mark has been testing performance of Squid proxies backed by solid-state disk drives… so far so good!
- Ariel has continued background cleanup of our media fileservers to prevent recurrence of the performance problems we saw last month.
- The Wikipedia Usability Initative team has rolled out their opt-in beta program to get more people trying out the updated site theme and edit toolbar.
- We’ve announced plans to form and hire a new Wikimedia CTO position to free up Brion for more development time as Senior Software Architect
- Flagged Revisions extension is being tested on Help and Manual pages for www.mediawiki.org
Coming this week:
- The Wikimedia Foundation board election finishes tonight at midnight UTC! Go vote while you can…
- A testing configuration for Flagged Revisions on English Wikipedia will be deployed on a test site soon!
- Planning to bring the site up to date with development trunk by the end of the week…
- Tomasz is in progress getting our data dumps mirrored to Amazon’s public data sets
- August 25-28: The annual Wikimania conference in Buenos Aires will include a code-a-thon developer sprint — join us in person or via IRC!
Brion Vibber, Lead Software Architect